
Last night I attended our Womens Christmas program, "Savor the Sweetness" with my best friend. The church foyer was all decorated with white-light christmas trees, men in white tuxedo shirts and bowties, a collection of homemade gingerbread houses, and hot Wassail cider! Our guest speaker was Lisa Harper and her best friend, Kim Hill was the special music. the ministry staff put on a real cute skit, 12 days of christmas, she got 12 different kinds of girlfriends! Lisa spoke on Matthew chapter 1 interestingly enough... the geneology line of Jesus. Taught us that Matthew was of Jewish root, and was writing to his Jewish people. He makes a point to mention the women in the geneology, which is against Jewish culture. the 3 women he mentions come from horrible lines themselves. the point, Jesus calls these people HIs People and the same is true today. Lisa is single and desperately wants a man, and Kim is divorced. Lisa really has a way of speaking to every kind of woman. All the women boke up into groups and traveled to "hostess homes" in the area for food and fellowship. The house my friend and I went to was very beautiful and this lady absolutely LOVES to decorate! She had a lot of yummy food, too. *I'm waiting for an email with a picture of Heather and I and so I can post it.
Bryce took Cavan to his first "Pump it up" birthday party. I was a little nervous for him because of his past experiences on those inflatable jumpers. I asked BRyce to stay for a little while until Cavan seemed comfortable. I also asked him to make sure he got back a few minutes early so Cavan didn't get nervous. Bryce then took Ryan and Megan to his favorite place, "Buffalo Wild Wing" to eat. When I got home, I ask BRyce how Cavan did and if he cried or got hurt. He said, "nope, Nothing that I know of" I asked him how long he stayed for and he said, "like 3 minutes" ! He also got back to the party 20 minutes early, but stayed in the car and waited to go in! It's probably better that Bryce handled that trip instead of me. Don't Moms just worry too much?
This morning at church, the children, K-3 grades sang in the worship service! Adorable, lots of RED, and my boys did just the average job of moving their lips and going through the hand motions. one little girl in the front was VERY excited and VERY dramatic. Another little girl was turned completely around and looking at all the kids behind her!
Dr. Stowell started his new series, "the coming!" And will go into the new year.
So, I'm doing this new business, uppercase living. I got my starter kit on Friday. I've been going through the manual and today I placed my first order for myself and got my "welcome" expression put up on the front door! I think I need to ask a certain someone to paint my bathroom so that I can get my "relaxation" expression up!





3 comments:
What is "uppercase living?"
Oh yea, I need to look on the web site and look for something to go over the wedding pictures. I told a friend in our small group about your business and she was very interested. Her house is decorated very cute. She is Karen's age and a teacher. The Christmas thing at church sounded really nice. And.......I will be listening to Dr. Stowell on the computer. Did you ask Cavan how it went?? Grandmas worry too:(
Kathy,
It is decorative, inspiring expressions that you put up all over your house!
Mom,
Yes, I asked Cavan and he of course said that it was tons of fun!
Post a Comment