Monday, December 17, 2007

New recipe

I just had to share my new recipe with you! Since I have a head cold, I thought some soup would be good. i also spent some time today looking for encouragement to cut my grocery budget. So, tonight I used what I had on hand. I saute'd some chopped onions right in the stainless steel pot. then browned the ground beef. salt, pepper, oregeno, basil, garlic powder. no measuring, just shakin it in. 6 cups of water, 2 beef buillion cubes. I added the little bit of left over spaghetti sauce I had. next were the cans: petite diced tomotoes, carrots, potatoes, and kidney beans. bring it all to a boil and simmer for an hour. When I dished it up, I sprinkled parmesean and CROUTONS! it was SO Yummy! after we started eating, I realized that I was going to add elbow pasta and forgot. Definitely will next time!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

What are you going to call it?

Marlene’s Musings said...

That's how I cook all the time--no measuring. Sounds really yummy. You do have to name it.

Kristen said...

Let's take some suggestions on what to call it and then VOTE!

Kathy said...

CAll it "The Kitchen Sink" Soup

Marlene’s Musings said...

Everything but the kitchen sink soup

Kathy said...

Soup on Hand, This and That, Leisure Day Soup, A Little of This and That

But, I like Marlene's the best.