as I said yesterday, it was snowing, and it continued to snow on and off through the night and again in the early morning hours. I think we got about 4 inches. At 6:02am this morning I got the phone call~ HOWEVER, it was not for a snow day but for a snow DELAY. They were announcing that school would start 2 hours later, at 10am! Interesting and something new for our school. cavan was of course already up and in my bed, so I proceeded to let him start watching t.v while I went back to sleep. Ryan and Megan also slept in. You would think with an extra 2 hours we could calmly get ready for school and actually be a little early even, right? oh no, not the case! We had to leave at 9:30 and at 9:15 I was rushing around, barking orders, packing up snow gear, scrounging 2 sets of $2.50 for hot lunches... which btw was "golden Pancakes, 2 sausage links, maple syrup, fresh strawberries w/ whipped cream and milk" I know, Yumm-O! spoiled too!
Tonight we had AWANA and while we were driving there, Ryan was telling us that he was learning how to play (on his recorder) that little chorus tune from The Nutcracker, and begins to hum it...bum-bum-bum, bum-bum-bum,bum-bum-bum-bum-bum.
and they all chirped right in and hummed along with him. Bryce begins to laugh, and looks over at me and says, "c'mon, aren't you even gonna laugh at this?" and I said, "no, I don't think it's funny. I think it's annoying. how much time do you spend driving with them?" then, all of a sudden, Cavan shouts out, " Stop, stop! let's sing it in Duh! You know in D's!" Now I thought THAT was funny! They make the switch quickly and begin, "dum-dum-dum, dum-dum-dum, dum-dum-dum-dum-dum." After that they just went CRAZY and did all kinds of things....m's,p's, hug me, kiss me, and the word AWANA! I guess you had to be there. no drive is ever boring!
PS. I tried to post a video of Megan's ballet, and it wouldn't load. just got stuck. maybe mom can help me out with that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
It takes about 30 minutes to load. I thought it was stuck too, but it finally goes.
That was too cute about Cavan having the idea to switch to the "Duh" - Smart kid!
Post a Comment