Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Tea




Yesterday I had the honor of hosting my very first "Tea" here at my home. It was to celebrate my friend having her 5th child. I did most of the prep work the day before. I got the Christmas decorations out, the Christmas china, and special Christmas tea from TeaGschwendner~ Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer. IT was delicious! It is made of orange peel, honey bush tea, rooibush tea, almond bits, rosehips, hibiscus blossoms, cardamon seeds. it says that it smells of chocolate gingerbread! I also made a tea cider that had cranberry juice, orange juice, cinnamon and cloves. Of course I made tea sandwiches~ Cucumber, and chicken salad. I made my first brown sugar scones and lemon curd. we had some fruit and for dessert, mini cream puffs with hot fudge~ those came from Costco! A pretty floral arrangement on the table and I had a Christmas CD playing, made by our piano player at church. What an atmosphere! Especially just sitting around with a group of friends. It was right up my ally~ I told Bryce that I could do this every Sunday afternoon. Oh, did I mention that the kids were away with grandparents and dad the entire time? Having something like that, made me realize what "stuff" I don't have that is a must. Cloth napkins and tiny tea spoons.

I was disappointed that I didn't get around to getting my tree up in time. It's up now! Just waiting for the kids to come home from school so they can help decorate it.

1 comment:

Marlene’s Musings said...

Sounds wonderful. I think I can help with the tiny spoons.