that is what the weather report was today. isn't that lovely? I think it is just mean! All of the sidewalks and driveways are a sheet of ice around here. I spent the day wrapping presents and driving up and down the major drag through town. Went to the post office, stood in line to get my stamps. everyone else had packages. The lady in front of me, was shipping some homemade cookies to her daughter in college, even though she was coming home next week! they were snickerdoodles. Yum, my favorite, esp. with a good cup of tea! ANyways, the line wasn't very long and I had gotten there just in time b/c when I left, it was out the door! Next, I hit three Hallmark stores looking at the avilable webkinz stuff. I was trying to find the charms, but they are sold out. I was also look for lil webkinz bbut didn't like the ones they had. I noticed that the prices were $1 more at the one in the mall! Outrageous! Then I stood in line for my lunch, ham and cheese sandwich at Potbellys. Next I went to trader Joes. that's always a fun time. I noticed that there were several little groups of customers just talking. It's like it's the meeting place. I don't know if some of them were actual friends who just happened to bump into one another, or if they were just chatty customers about trader joe's goods! As I was picking up some of the pineapple salsa a lady says to me, oh, that is good stuff. And I said Oh I know, esp. with cream cheese. and she was like what? really? YUM! and we chatted about how it makes a good appetizer and she was going to do the same!
I made the mistake of drinking caffienated coffee Last Night and was up til midnight. Well, I crashed tonight at about 730pm, fell asleep at 830pm and woke up at 230am. And so here I am.
Instead of swim lessons, Ryan is determined to take Karate! he has been very persistent about it. what's a mom to do? Give in of course! I think he likes the different belt colors, kinda like the jewels at AWANA. if that's what motivates the kid, well then why not?
Cavan wants to play soccer. He says to me, Ryan played when he was 5 and I am 6 and still haven't played yet and that he wants to play the same one with the same shirt! I had to explain to him that that's not possible since we moved , but it would be very similar. he was happy about that. So, I guess swimming will just have to wait until the spring.
I was on FB earlier and I am friends with several of the teachers at school. They are all hoping for a snow day tomorrow. more like an ice day! I don't think they'll get b/c it is not suppose to "accumulate." whatever that means!
Good night. or should I say, good morning, I am going back to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment