Thursday, December 13, 2007

Primping and Pampering

That's what I have been doing for the last 2 hours! Why you ask? Well, because I've let some things go lately and getting invited with only 48 hours notice to the country club, I started to panic, a little. For one, everytime I went to the salon to get my hair done (color) I would be surprised with a new girl. My girl from the previous visit all of a sudden didn't work there anymore. After that happened half a dozen times, I got frustrated and discouraged. So, today I ran up to the store and carefully selected my color match. I had gotten some tips from the first girl that "fixed" my hair color in the spring, (i think she said she saw at least 3 different color changes) so I took my time and did it just like she told me. I also upgraded to a more expensive kind and one that says something like " enhances and blends in with current color"
Of course, I managed to squirt and drip the color on my white rug, my shirt, and on the mirror?

Eyebrows, always a struggle for me. I always love them after they are done, but the maintence on them is so tedious. But not as tedious and strenuous as starting from scratch and doing it yourself. 20 minutes at least and that was just the left side!
Nails, they just grow and I cut them, grow and cut, grow and cut. no shaping, the cuticles, no polish. I've got that heavy duty nail moisturizer on right now, so I will polish them tomorrow.
And that is it, that's what I did tonight for 2 hours!

I'm sure there is more to say... about the kiddos, but right now I can't think of anything.

3 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

why do you color your hair?

Marlene’s Musings said...

You know, you are a natural beauty and I have never seen anyone "clean up" better than you! I am glad you spent some time on yourself-you deserve it and it will make you feel better. P.S. My old carpet had hair dye on it-messy stuff.

Kathy said...

Take a bath with Twisted Peppermint!!