Last night Bryce and I went out to dinner at the Country club. We were there with our Pastor and his wife, another couple, (Jamie and Ann), and a divorced guy, Dan. I think I was little over-dressed. Apparently, solid, thin sweater turtlenecks with long
necklaces are the in thing this season! I had on a new blouse that was very holiday
festive looking! I made Bryce wear a tie... none of the others had one on. Oh well.
The dinner was to thank us for being the family's "go-to" guys. When our Pastor, or anyone in his family needs anything, theses 3 guys come through in record time! So, dinner was "perfectly lovely" as the Pastor's wife would say. We had a table right infront of a huge, beautiful fireplace, the entire club was decorated to the max, and the food was the best! I had greek lamb chops, and Bryce had Cilantro Chicken.
I had Creme Brulee for dessert- (for you Tara!) and Bryce had "the incredible ice cream sandwich" When I told everyone that brce's bday was tomorrow (today) they all took a guess at his age. They took me by surprise when they all guessed YOUNGER! I don't think that has ever happened!
This morning we woke up to more snow and it is Bryce's bday! backtrack to Tuesday, our snowday. Bryce discovered my blog and so I could not write on here that I took the kids shopping for each of them to pick out a present for him. That had it all planned out that we would surprise him.
After Bryce slept in, he got up and opened his presents. About 2 weeks ago, Megan got the idea that he needed a new belt, and she stuck to it and picked one out! Cavan thought he needed new underwear and socks, so he picked some out, and Ryan couldn't think of anything b/c he was too busy looking at stuff for himself! So, as we walked over to the movies and CD's he saw something with the Simpsons on it. The entire 5th season- so that's what he picked! The cards they picked were the best! Megan picked one with a baby alligator riding atop the adult alligator, and she said "Look they are playing Daddy car!" Cavan picked a card of a monkey picking his nose, (cavan's nickname is monkey-man) and he picks his nose alot! Ryan's card... a book all about POOP! the different kinds when you hafta go! it's hilarious! and the best one is the one that clogs the toilet! All in all, it has been a great morning! Kids are getting ready to go outside and go sledding on the hill across the street at the school. We are having the relatives over for dinner tonight for more celebrating. I'm going to get my hair cut pretty soon. I finally decided to try this girl from school that works out of her basement. Alot of girls go to her and their hair always looks great! (tara and mom B)
TIME TO CLEAN UP THE HOUSE! Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Lol on the gifts and cards. How clever to let the kids pick them out. They are very smart.
I would have dressed up for the country club. It's that kind of place.
I am getting Ryan a new plunger for the bathroom in our house :)
Post a Comment