Today is Ryan's spiritual birthday! he is a 2 year old christian! This morning when he woke up, he asked me if today was january 3rd and when I said yes it was, I suddenly remembered! And he proceeded to say, "Oh good. today is my spiritual birthday!" Amazing that he remembers! God is good! Then Cavan wanted to know if it was his too, and I reminded him no that is March 6th and then Cavan says, "so ryan, what did you get for your birthday?" Ryan started to explain the difference and so now Cavan understands. I think he was just too distracted by the tv being on and was just hearing buzz words like "birthday" :D
Ryan was in Kindergarten that year when at bedtime he asked about Jesus dying on the cross and death and going to heaven. Bryce and I took that opportunity to not rush through bedtime and ended up with ryan wanting to be saved! he had a fantastic teacher that year, Mrs. Lunde, who I think really had an impact on his learning and understanding the truth and realness of Jesus. Her spiritual birthday is Feb 2nd and she made it known by having it up on the calendar and talking about what that meant. That made me Google 'spiritual birthday' and found all kinds of things about marking that day, with a tradition of some sort for your kids. I loved that and so i have! I was also feeling a little left out by not knowing the exact date of my re-birth. I think I remember it being on a Palm Sunday b/c we had been hearing the story of Jesus coming and I just remember the palm branches from the flannel board! I remember asking about it at dinner and then later sitting on my parents bed and talking to my dad about it and he had me look up some popular verses in my white bible about sin. I remember him asking me if I believed all of it and I said yes I did and I remember praying. And I remember that we wrote it in my bible. I do not have that bible anymore or at least have not been able to find it again. Well, I remember that I always told people that I got saved when I was 8. I googled Easter, 1983 and found it was on April 3rd that year so, I counted back 7 days and came up with 3.26.83 and this will be the day from now on that I count as my Spiritual birthday!
On a side note, I met my new little buddy Kristen Joy today! I found the cutest outfit on the sale rack at baby gap for her. She looks just like her mom and her older sister and brother. The oldest two look more like their dad. I love that fresh baby smell and she was so noisy! she made all these little sounds the whole time I was holding her and she was sound asleep!
Ryan started karate tonight. I mean, Tae-Kwon-Do. he has been bugging us about it for a very long time. Bryce took him and said he was actually quite impressed with it and how well ryan did. We ordered the uniform so he should have it for next week! Cavan starts Soccer on monday and Megan will start again in ballet. Fun, Fun, busy , busy times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
It made me sad when you told me this spring that you did not know when your spiritual birthday was. How could we NOT have made it special?! But I am so glad that you figured it out and have a date now. The most important thing is that you do have one!!! Happy Spiritual Birthday Ryan. Great blog!
if I would've hung onto that bible I would know! :D No worries!
Post a Comment