Monday, January 7, 2008

The Next Generation



Well, I finally did it... I finally got one of my kids (my daughter!) to rub lotion on my legs! Ryan actually did it for umm, about a minute and he got a quater! Cavan did NOT want to. MEGAN, however, she did my legs, feet, hands, fingers, wrists, and I had to stop her when she wanted to do my face! She got 3 quaters out of me! She said that she would do it for free though b/c she loves me. (ooh.) Next time I will try to get her on video b/c she was a stitch... very into it. Dramatic really! When payments came, Cavan expected some too. Oops! that created a meltdown! We ended the night with a promise for just him to earn money tomorrow a different way and a prayer about his angry, hurt feelings. (ooh.)

For those of you who may not know, my Mom would entice my sister and I with money to rub lotion on her. For hours! And brush her hair, for hours! I think we must've done it before dinner while we waited for Dad to come home. What a smart lady! I have only experienced the feeling of "feeling old" just a few times and tonight I added one. Megan was putting lotion on my feet and was intently lookig at my ankles and asked "what ae these white things" and I realized she was talking about WRINKLES! Just like MOM! :D I remember thinking that about Mom when I was rubbing her feet!

I am LOVING this age in all of them!

2 comments:

Marlene’s Musings said...

Lucky you. Mega deja'vous! You and Karen used to draw letters of the alphabet in the thick cream on my legs and make me guess what letter it was. I would have done anything to keep it going. And hair-tons of barrettes and ponies. I looked like a freakazoid. What? you thought I had wrinkles? Never knew that!!!

heather said...

Oh my gosh. SO sweet. Good job, Meggie! I love reading about the little every day things in your life Kristen.