Monday, April 13, 2009

Who is your Hero?

Bible Hero, that is! Today, mine is Noah. Noah feared God. Hebrews 11:7 says,
"By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen,
in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household. By
this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness
that comes by faith."

Faith is BELIEVING the Word of God and acting on it no matter how I feel, believing that God will bring a good result.

Unseen: Trusting God at His Word.

Reverent OR
respectful, awed, solemn, deferential, loving, humble, adoring, devout, meek, submissive FEAR. This Godly fear.

Matthew 5:10, ‘Those who have been persecuted for doing what is right are blest because the Kingdom of the Heavens belongs to them.’
Acts 24:15, ‘There’s going to be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous.’

God's word gives us warning about the day of the LORD, the day of judgement. God's word tells us of a place He is preparing for us, for eternity, a place called Paradise... a new heaven and earth. My faith in the One who saves is that of Noah's...continual obeidence of His commandments...seeking Him when I feel like giving up because whatever it is is too hard or taking too long. Perseverence. I want to save my household from the wicked world (seen and unseen) and I want (all of us) to inherit His promised Kingdom! Amen!!