Tonight after dinner I added up the chores and rewards and paid out the earnings to the kiddos. So far, Cavan is in the lead! Then, I busted out the Money Savvy Pig banks I ordered for them... blue for Ryan, Red for Cav, and Purple for Meg. (ps.blue is meg's new favorite color and she was not happy) Anyways, I 'splained how the pigs were divided into 4 chambers and it is to help budget their money. One chamber is for church. Another one is for fun spending and the other is for big item saving. And then last Donate. They each picked an item they wanted to save for...Ryan picked a pet ( umm, right) Megan picked an i-pod (right again) and cavan picked a bike... b/c he doesn't have one right now.They each picked a country to donate to... Ryan picked India, Cav picked Africa, and Megan picked her school... cuz you know she has to be different... she does not like to go with the flow. They begin to seperate their money and when Cavan found a $20 in his wallet he immediately put it in the "africa" fund and said" oh, $20 has to go to Africa b/c they really need it." My reaction was startled, wondering why he didn't put it in his Bike fund. But, I knew why. Cavan has a tenderheart towards Missionaries and Prayer.
Which makes me so excited about my history curriculum that has books and stories about missionaries! Ryan has a tender heart too, but his is towards babies and animals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Awwwww....so sweet cav! I think I would like one of those for Riley.
Awwwwwwwww the whole story makes me smile. Each to his own and the tenderness in each one of them; you're doing a great job!! Who would have guessed meg's new color is BLUE!!! I need one of those piggy banks;0
That is so sweet that Cav put $20 in Africa. That is a great piggy bank. Where did you find it? It is too funny that both your mom and sister started their comments with awwwwww. That is exactly what I said when I read about it and was going to start my comment the same way. :)
http://www.msgen.com/assembled/money_savvy_pig.html
website for the Mondy Savvy PIg!!=)
Post a Comment