Thursday, April 23, 2009

A bad day

Today. A bad day. Started immediately upon waking up. I won't give the details of how it was piled up on me, but it worked it's way from the beginning of the week and crashed today. The one main problem is the cankers are back. Yes, I have increased the Probiotics to 2 a day. Currently I have 3 and they are all on my tongue and they are small, but feel like paper cuts. ouch! Yes, I'm stressed, hence the bad day. OK, so what I really wanted to share with you all is this: God's word kept popping into my mind all day. The first was from Ephesians 6:12

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Satan used people to attack me today. I continually had to give every frustrating conversation over to the Lord.

The second reminder of God's word was Mark 12:30-31
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' 31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'There is no commandment greater than these."

#2 commandment given from Jesus is to love others. But I can not do this on my own, it is too hard.

Psalm 73:26 " My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

So, tonight, I dedicate today's blog with songs numbered 6 and 14.

Tomorrow is a new day and I am thankful for that blessing. I am also thankful for the few little blessings that God sprinkled through the end of my day.... like hanging out with family and not having to cook dinner! Happy Birthday to Tara! Tomorrow I am going to cast my cares upon Him and take a Mental Health Day. Free Day at The Arboretum+80 degrees, here I come!!

2 comments:

Marlene’s Musings said...

Sorry it was such a bad day and sorry about the cankers. Loved your verses and hope you had a better day today; the weather is perfect.

Karen said...

Sorry you had a yuck day. Hope today was better. Love you!