Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chores and Responsibility

Ok, so I finally broke down and bought the PEGS chart from Family Tools. I first learned of this system back in 04 when I went to a hearts and home conference. I didnt buy it at the time b/c i thought it was much too expensive and thought oh we can make that! Never happened. I have tried a few times to make up my own system on the fly in stressful moments... but never succeeded in following through. Now that we are gearing up for homeschooling and the fact that my kids don't know anything about cleaning and whine everytime we ask them to pick up something... I had had enough!
Money has also become a tense topic with the kids. they seriously think it is free to us! I want them to learn how to handle money, save it, spend it. So, again, b/c of homeschooling I was eager to get them something. I found the Money Savvy Pig! this pig has 4 seperate chambers to teach kids to budget their money!

Ok, so I got the PEG chart up yesterday and all ready to go when the kids got home from school. They were SO excited! We went over every detail and what my expectations were. Let's just say Eager-Beavers!! They will start to earn an allowance... $2.00 a week, but they can lose money with penalties. They can earn extra money with extra tasks. They can earn Privleges too with completing all tasks/or good behavior. This system is going to succeed longterm b/c there are so many choices to keep it exciting and you just reset it every week... no typing up or printing new charts everytime! Exciting times... stay tuned to see how it is working for us!!

1 comment:

Marlene’s Musings said...

Great idea. The house looks really clean and neat today!