Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Gifts









My Mother's Day gifts from the kids... all homemade in their classes! Don't they have some very thoughtful teachers?
Ryan made the bracelet... he even followed the directions and made a pattern!
Cavan planted the flower and decorated the pot with markers.
Megan put her handprints on the apron and also answered some questions about me in a little homemade book... the answers are hilarious! She thinks I smell like... BUTTER!! =D
Bryce went and did a donut run... got me a Boston Creme and a coffee. He let me stay in bed. He did the dishes. all day. he made sammiches for lunch and we ordered pizza for dinner. He was good to me!! He started digging out flower beds all around the house yesterday.
And then, yesterday, Cavan came home from school with this done to his shirt sleeve. What happened, you ask? Hmmm. Mmmm. YUMMY. HE CHEWED IT like a puppy-dog!! Now, for the past few days I have caught him chewing on his sleeves of his jacket. I told him to stop it. I took the jacket away. Told him to stop it again. And then this. Well, yes, he got in trouble for that. No more long sleeves for him. OK, so this morning, walking into school I caught him chewing on his backpack strap!! ARRGH!!! I would give the poor child some gum, except it's not allowed at school. ***bonus to homeschooling*** chewing gum ALLOWED while working! =D

2 comments:

Kathy said...

love the gifts, precious! Wondered what the last pic was. :-) there was something we used to give the kids at school, but i forget what it was - i'll have to think on that one.

Marlene’s Musings said...

cute gifts-nice husband. Maybe Cav needs some more starch in his diet :)Oh did you get a mother's day card from your mother?