Friday, May 22, 2009

for my mom


The biggest fly I have ever killed in my house... i trapped it between the window and the screen back in the fall and then compared it to a much smaller fly I was able to kill with the swater.



A beautiful spider web outside one of our kitchen windows that graces us with it's presence every morning. It is so perfect I do not have the heart to wipe it away. Haven't been able to find it's creator.


The first 2 misquito bites of the season... 2 days ago, 82 degrees, 530pm, on Cavan, OF COURSE. They welted up so fast.

A blog entry dedicated to insects we love... NOT.



1 comment:

Marlene’s Musings said...

OH yea this is funny that we are writing about the same thing. That fly was huge. I have taken pics of spider webs like that in the morning in between the posts of the deck. That one is beautiful. Send the pic to me. Poor Cav--ooh I hate to see that. The misquitos are awful this year. WE usually don't get them in May. Dad had a spider bite him on the neck today out in the garden. Said it freaked even him out. He brusned it off his neck and it fell on his sleeve ucccccckkkkkkk...