For about three days I was drawing up a game plan for today. My snowy Saturday. Get lots of work done during the week, shopping on Friday, Husband gone all day. Ahh, sleep in, stay in jammies and READ. So far, my day hasn't gone according to my plan.
Wake up at 330am worrying about husband driving in the snow. Fall back asleep only to woken at 6am by the sound of my dog up-chucking. Get up, take her out, only for her to discover her first snow. She doesn't like it.
Go back to bed with dog ontop of me. Fall back asleep, sort of, only to be woken at 7am with the little voice, "Mommy? I wet the bed." OKaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy. Go back to bed. Awaken with a monster headache. Coffee time.
Now, this part of my morning DID go according to my plan: Ghiradelli's double chocolate. (sold in those little packs at Target in the $ section). AHHHH. MMMMMM.
Start the laundry and allow children to serve themselves breakfast. (cereal,poptarts and cheese sticks.)
Children get ready to play in the snow. This is always a fun time of searching for everything. Dog goes out with kids. Dog comes back in and drops 100 little snowballs all over my house.
Children come back inside. One "nameless" child lets me discover the fact that a bladder was emptied while outside in snowgear. Another load of (unplanned) laundry.
Oldest child collapses onto the floor and starts to moan,"oooohhhh. oooohhhh. I don't feel good." I force him to drink water,and eat a banana while waiting for lunch to be ready. While I am drying snow-pee'd child's hair, oops! I just gave it away! oh well. so, as I am drying her hair, Oldest moaning child barges in and shouts, "get out! I think I'm gonna barf!" UGH. seriously? no. phew. just ended up needing to move the bowels. He says he's still not feeling well though.
And the beat goes on.... here's to hoping the day changes course...now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment