Yep, that's how old I am. Birthdays sure aren't like what they used to be. growing up and even the year Ryan was born, my wonderful Mom would spend the day with me. Shopping for a new outfit and out to lunch. I loved it! Lunch always consisted of shrimp and crab legs. Growing up, she always made the famous Cherry Chip cake with strawberry frosting in a heart shape pan. I think it was because of valentine's day being so close, since karen never got that cake. At some point after age 13, I realized that my favorite cake was CHOCOLATE with raspberries! She was kind enough to hand down the heart cake pans to me when I got married.
I've had some really fantastic birthday celebrations since being married. There was going back home to celebrate and having Gma and Gpa Russell over. The year I got an adorable puppy. there was the surprise party my darling hubby planned. Five years ago i got a whole day of pampering before a delicious and fancy dinner. Lunches and dinners out with girlfriends. A lot of yummy dinners with the family. I don't think I've ever been sick on my birthday except maybe once.
This year was different and I'm OK with it. I am home teaching my kids. I have an out-of-control canker that caused great pain today. One of the worst. Woke up and couldn't even move my mouth. Couldn't eat, couldn't talk to the kids. I wrote a few notes out to them. Obviously, teacher took a personal day. But, little Megan greeted me first thing this morning with a box taped shut with three strips of scotch tape. Inside, was a picture box that she had made for me her first year of PK. it has a picture of me and her on the front and she was using it to put little trinkets in. Inside the box was a little deck of playing cards, which turned out to belong to Cavan. Ahh, too cute!
So,
I'm thankful for facebook and for texting. i am thankful for a bright sunny day. God answered prayers and I felt decent enough to play it safe going out to eat with our little family. my loving husband found fresh-cut DAISIES for me and a Massage gift certificate. I am blessed and I feel loved. I have a very thoughtful friend who stopped by with a little gift and another friend to have dinner with tomorrow.
The worst part of today was right before we left for dinner and our dog Mae snapped at Meggie's face-again. Didn't draw blood, Thank You God, but three strikes and you're outta here and our hearts were just broken. We got really attached to that little dog in the last 5 months. Bryce had met someone who works at a Dashchund recovery center a while back, and so we have called and will be taking her there on Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Happy Birthday ~belated! Can't believe you're 35. I remember going to Red Lobster many times to celebrate your birthday.
ha ha on the heart shape cake pans and cherry chip cake. Sorry about the canker but glad you felt better for crab legs. And..you got a massage certificate??!! Wow that's nice. Cute present from Meg; I should show you all the homemade cards you made fo me when you were little. Sorry about Mae. Have a nice weekend.
P.s I enjoy your blog-keep it up!!
oh my goodess, poor Mae and poor you guys,dogs are hard to let go of when you get attached. Happy Birthday, i forgot to say it the other day. Too preoccupied or something about me turning 56 next week.
Post a Comment