Monday, April 14, 2008

The weekend

We went to MI for the weekend again. No school on Friday so we were able to get an early start. Left the house by 9:25am, to be exact. It was one of the best drives there... 4 1/2 hours with only one quick stop! Amazing. One smart idea I had was to get 3 new movies from Blockbuster. Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Bee Movie, and Mr. magnorium wonder Emporium. It's fun for me to listen too, I feel like I've seen the movie!

Oh Glorious Day, when i GOT THERE IT WAS SUNNY, BREEZY AND 74 DEGREES!! Absolutely wonderful to be able to let the kids out and run wild and me to just sit and absorb my vitamins! Taco salad for dinner, YUM! by the way, Cavan LOVES salad. I finally know to just always make him one too whenever it's there b/c he will always ask.

Saturday... had to get up and get moovin for the Uppercase Living party. The hostess has a very nice home that they have done alot of work to. She said only 5-6 ladies were coming and 10 actually came. It was a whirlwind... several needed my 1-1 consulting and then others wanting to check out at the same time... all the while three ladies handing me money to buy catalogs! I need a better system... like sit at a table and have them line up. But, it was a huge success and even got a recruit signing up today!
I got an excellent report when I got back. Kids were great. They did painting projects. but at about 3pm (an hour after i got there) they were going a little stir crazy. it had been cold and raining all day so no outside. It is fun to see Riley interact with megan and they make a great girl team against the boys!

Sunday I looked throug hall the old doll clothes that my Aunt Jan had sewed and it almost brought tears to my eyes! Remember those clothes, each piece. remembering which ones were my favorites. She is an amazing seamstress! i am SO GLAD we still have them for the girls to play with at GRammys.

Mondays are always a catch-up day for me, so I better go catch something!

No comments: