Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Grandma

My Grandma Russell has been in heaven for 3 years now. These are some of my favorite memories from when I was a child:

We always had Christmas at her house on Oporto. One year she made karen and I matching robes and stuffed animals.


We went swimming there in the summer b/c we didn't have A/C. She did, and she would stay inside and hand us popsicles out the sliding glass door and tell us not to come in until we were dry. :D we never wanted to go in b/c it was too cold.


Her and grandpa always came over for dinner and cake on each of our birthdays, and one year she had the prized Cabbage patch doll!


She always made us clean our rooms and make our beds when we were in her care.

She was always thought of as our "young" grandma when we spoke to our friends about her!


One time Karen and I rode home with them and she would play games with us to keep us occupied. one time she got mad at us b/c we couldn't stop giggling and she made us get back into our own car.

I traveled with her and grandpa out east to see Aunt Kathy. My first to see the ocean, Niagra Falls, and eat Lobster and clams!


Every year we would go see them on Halloween and a lot of the years, they would be dressed up!

I will always laugh when I remember her running down I-75 during a traffic backup to catch up with grandpa when it started moving again!

I'm sure there are many more, and maybe I will add to it, but theses are my most vivid memories!


2 comments:

Marlene’s Musings said...

Good memories to have of your grandma!

Kathy said...

Hey, those were some pretty good memories!