Tuesday, January 19, 2010

is your love cold?

"And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." Matthew 24: 12-13

How's your love for others? Even better, how's your love for Jesus? Is He your everything?
Here are two things that have been rocking my world right now. I'm convicted that I need to be in the word every single day, either morning or night to keep bringing my heart back to the one thing that matters: My love for Jesus and the love for others. Only by God's grace am I forgiven when I fail and give into sin, but it is my constant effort to obey and to do good and to continuely grow.

Read the entire passage of Matthew 24. Better yet, listen to a message given by Dr. James MacDonald at
http://www.harvestbible.org/ on this passage.

Another good read is "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. He writes,
'We're willing to make changes in our lives only if it affects our salvation. This is why many people ask me questions like, I'm a Christian but can I divorce my wife and still go to heaven? Can i have sex with my girlfriend and still go to heaven? If I am ashamed to talk about Christ, is He really going to deny knowing me? To me, these kinds of questions are tragic because they reveal so much about the state of our hearts. They demonstrate that our concern is more about going to heaven then loving our King. Jesus said, " If you love me, you will obey what I command." And our question quickly becomes even more unthinkable: Can I go to heaven without truly and faithfully loving Jesus?'

2 comments:

Marlene’s Musings said...

Thanks for the reminder that encourages me in the other exercise I am doing this year; reading and meditating God's word in the one year Bible. I want to do IT THIS YEAR. I am finding out a lot about God's love and what HE WANTS for me. Will be listening to James' message.

Karen said...

Yay for crazy love! Your post is making me want to dive back in. Love you sister!