Grammy and Papa henderson left today after lunch. WE didn't do a dang-darn thing...too hot and looking like it would rain any minute...all weekend. It finally did Saturday night and then the big downpour Sunday at 1130am. What we did do is play a few games inside and sit on the front porch reading,talking,playing. It was SO nice to sit out there compared to the backyard where it is full sun and no shade! The boys went to Cav's last soccer game and he brought home a little trophy. I got my flower pots and garden planted. I only have 5 herbs and 2 patio tomato plants. I added this year: yellow summer squash and baby cucumbers. I would like to get some green beans in there too.
Bryce and I went out Saturday morning to Costco to buy all the stuff for our neighborhood BBQ that we had today. We also went out that night to go see Indiana Jones... good movie, but did not care for the Sci-fi ending. All in all, it was a relaxing weekend.
The rain and clouds had cleared up 100% today at 3pm... just in time to dry things out for our BBQ and to make the back EXTREMELY HOT! The temps and humidity were on the rise, thankfully the sun was going down. WE had a good turnout for the BBQ and met some new people. there were games for the kids; lots of kids! Of course the day ended with water and them getting all wet! their favorite thing to do is play with the ice that is left in the coolers. my kids were brought in at 8pm for showers!
tomorrow we get to go back to the library to get our Half-way stamps and prize for our reading logs. The boys are actually 3/4 of the way finished! I will ask if they can do it twice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment