Thursday, June 12, 2008

Been Busy!

We have been busy, busy! good though:) we've had our downtimes in the mornings with me being consistent by having the kids read before anything else and keeping up on their reading logs. Something we've also been doing is "no bible, no breakfast." which was a summer challenge from the Spiritual Life Director at school. Every morning, I give the kids a verse to look up and read aloud. then we discuss what it means. It's been real good b/c a lot of days I find opportunity to remind them of "our verse of the day" :)


So here is a quick run-down of our week: Monday was rainy all day long. We went over to the library for our half-way stamp, coupon rewards, and prize. We hung out a little and got some new books for megan. Cavan is on number 17 of Magic Treehouse! Ryan has been very random in his reading... not in any particular order, but reading just as much as Cav. Today I got this cute pic of them to send to the Principal, even though it's not in an unusual place.



Tuesday we had Megan's ballet class and then grocery shopped and went to the pool with cousins and saw some neighbors.



Wednesday we met our good (old) friends,The Holwerdas, at a park to play and eat lunch...until it got too hot. Our kids have ALWAYS gotten along SO perfectly- it's a wonder and a shame we don't see them more often. We went home and Papa Baker came by to take Ryan out for a "golf lesson" :) Cav got upset about not going, even though we told him it has to be one at a time and he is going next.

Birth order: Luke 3/00,Ryan 6/00,Lindsay 8/01,Cavan 10/01, Kyle 7/03, Megan 10/03

I said I was done! Kate 2/05 And last was Kristen 1/08- no pic :(

Then we got ready for Bryce's church security meeting cookout. it was here, set stuff up in the garage and about 10 guys came. we were out all evening playing with neighbors.

Today we went to a different pool and were there almost all day. Megan got brave and actually got pretty wet! She was never timid before, but this year she is.

Tomorrow Bryce is taking the boys on an overnight campout with other dads and sons. they did it last year and had a blast! it's close to home, but has NOTHING for them except a large pond for fishing/swimming (?) SO, I have to pack up all the stuff tomorrow morning... after I go out and shop for the food! Megan and I are going to do somethig fun with our friends Tina and Olivia... don't know what yet.

On a side note: All week I have been miserable with the worst canker sore I've ever had. Finally called the Dentist and got a new, different prescription that seems to be helping better. However, I'm still having the same problem which is when I put the ointment on to seal it, my lip (the sore) gets stuck to my tooth and ends up getting "ripped" off! I've pulled out all the "stuff" to help it go away: Lysine, Mallox/benedryl mix, mouth guard...even got some gauze to shove up inbetween my lip and gum to keep the sore off my tooth. I chose to not post a pic of it, but if you'd like one personally, let me know! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katon, Goukakyu no jutsu.

Kathy said...

yeah, sure I'm brave send a pic.

Marlene’s Musings said...

Ah kathy's kids are so cute. They look so cute with your kids. It's nice to be with old friends. Would love to see one of the baby. I love the pic of Cav and Ryan reading on the couch. I wish I could read in that position (Cav's).