Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Exhausted and it's only Tuesday!

Just a quick update on High5! I am completely exhausted after only 2 days! last night my legs hurt like shin splints and tonight my lower back hurts! Thankfully I'm still young enough that I always feel better in the morning! It reminds me of the first 2 days of BOYZ Camp... all that walking... convicts me that I am REALLY out of shape and need to be better about staying mobile!
THe boys are loving their Military Jungle Strategies elective... they are not in the same group though and i think that is good for them. Cavan is not getting very dirty but Ryan has been very dirty and wet both days. Hmmm... wonder what they are doing differently. Wonder if Cavan is "opting out" on some things. ;)
Megan and I are really enjoying learning about different countries and cultures. Yesterday was Mexico and today was India. Tomorrow is China. Last night I cooked up 6 tripled batches of Coconut Rice Pudding and it went over very well! I even got the mass quantities correct-just a little bit leftover!
Each day I have 6 "waves" of groups coming to my Concession Stand for their snack. there are about 28 kids in each "wave". Six times I plate the food, speak a little diddy on the country and clean up all in about 20 minutes! I have 2 terrific gals helping me so it's not bad... once we figured out a system that works for us!
Ryan is also doing a Dissection class and worked on an Owl Pellet yesterday! Sweet that I do not have to do that at home this year! I am a bit curious about it though. Ryan is in all his glory in this class!
Cavan and I are working on LEGOS in the afternoon and we are setting a world record with building Noah's Ark and Rainbow! Pics to follow after Friday!
Meggers is also doing "Dance for Him" of course, in the afternoon and loving that too! I am so thankful that there is a class so perfect and tailored to each of my kids interests!!

Today was a high of 93 I believe and I am reminded to be thankful for AIr-conditioning, unlimited clean, ice- cold water, and clean swimming pools. ALso, the ability to take a shower every night before bed. I am thinking about these poor people in these other countries that do not have these luxuaries.
We are getting to bed early and going to the pool on the way home tomorrow.

Good nite!!

1 comment:

Marlene’s Musings said...

Yikes! What a lot of work for you, but interesting; with heavenly rewards. It would be out of my league for sure. I love what the kids are doing too. What an awesom vacation Bible School. Can't wait to hear about it from the kids. Take any pics yet? or are you too busy?