Sunday, January 2, 2011

Going from 25 to 35

I turned 25 in the year 2000. New Friendships are strong and well-built. I had my first baby, one month early. I had a second baby, with whom I needed bedrest and he whom needed many dr appts and 3 surgeries. My faith increased. I cried when I found out about #3...I just didn't feel like I had caught my breathe yet. I guess God's way of working on our marriage. Baby Girl came at the end of 2003... 5 days late and my biggest yet...all naturale of course.

Three little kids to care for, the days turn into months, then into years.
School starts for one, and another. It's time to sell our first home.

2005 is filled with loss, moving, living with in-laws, building a new home, moving into a hotel for 3 months, and finally settling in to what has become our new normal. Marriage-building at it's finest. Several bible studies grew my faith. Thankful to have been kept in the Word through it all. Thankful to know I will someday see my Grandma again in heaven.

2006-2008 Family moves back to IL. A big scare of illness touches us. My faith grows again in God's Power. We kept very busy with private school for all three. What a blessing to have that opportunity...but it was hectic and expensive. I will always be grateful and never regretful. Again, God building our marriage with some very rich-filling studies of His Truth to keep me growing.
2009 began another new journey as we were called to Homeschooling. all three. Oh how I thought I would never be one to do this. What a heart-change and a joy it has been!
Yes, it is also tiring, but less hectic and we as a family are closer.

So, what will the next decade hold for me? Going 35-45. Having little kids to having teens and a 20 year old! I can imagine what great things God has planned for me and my family. Some things I'm sure that may not always seem good or fair, but He promises good in everything. And, in all that we have been through this last decade, we have held onto Him tightly and faithfully. We called and He answered. He carried us through. Maybe the Lord will return, or maybe we will be given another opportunity to keep building a legacy. I want to be able to look back again and see His mighty power as evidence I am living for Him. I want to follow strong after Him.

My first verse for Memorizing is: 2 Timothy 1:3
I thank God whom I serve, as did my ancestors, with a clear conscience, as I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day.

If I had more time and if I was more organized, I would scan in some pics... sorry, that will have to be for the next decade post! I have a scrapbook for this one!
Happy New Year, New Decade!

4 comments:

Marlene’s Musings said...

Love your verse. Might have to use that one next time. Love your blog and your testimony to God's faithfulness. He sure was faithful. Never sell yourself short-you are doing a wonderful job. I LOVE homeschool. I am proud of all you have accomplished.
Praying for this next decade as we all grow older and face many challenges.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your heart...many great memories in your words...God is good...all the time! So glad I logged into your blog today! :)

Marlene’s Musings said...

EEEkk-just thought of this; in 10 years I will be what???? 72??? No way. And Ryan 20!! Slow the clock down-you're moving too fast.

Karen said...

Great blog...love looking back on God's provision and faithfulness!