
I PLEAD WITH YOU
Lord of my longing heart
I plead with You
To help me want You
More than I want this.
The unquenchable desire within
Is so overpowering, so consuming
At times I think
I can no longer endure it.
I think I would rather die
Than live without
That which so completely absorbs me.
And yet, dear God
There is the unwavering conviction
That what I want
Is not what You want for me.
There is the deep certainty
That the day would come
When my personal choice
Would close every future open door.
Lord, I cannot handle this alone.
I am not strong enough
Nor and I willing enough.
You alone can change my heart's desire.
You alone can make all things new.
O dear Lord, please help me
To want You more that I want this.
RUTH HARMS CALKIN- Keep Me Faithful





3 comments:
Wow, just happened upon this under your old blog name. I love the poem. I have a book of hers that was gmas.
hey blogger sistopher!!
love this...hits home. thanks. keep writing!
Post a Comment