Monday, April 26, 2010

Calories and counting

Well I have NEVER! ok, I take that back, I have only counted calories ONCE and it was for GAINING weight. Yep, When I was pregnant the very first time I didn't gain weight until the 2nd trimester. I was trying to eat at least 2000 calories per day. By the third time around I think I was doubling that. :)

Anyways, I have finally hit the " i just can't stand the way my clothes (don't) fit and I'm so tired and weak" feeling. I have completed 4 days of the 30 day shred workout. I'm pretty positive that I will be staying on Level one for another week and it will turn into the 60 day shred. Jillian (biggest loser) is very motivating, encouraging and pushes hard. NO REST because it is only 20 minutes. I noticed right away that I just feel better. More energy. More flexibility. The interesting part is that I dont do it until after our schooling which is about 130-2pm. It just works best that way. It's working even better because that is usually the time I get sluggish and the cravings start and now I dont!

So, on the weekends I tend to eat very very badly. As a result, I get sick for 24 hours. Today after my workout, I was convicted to start counting my calories. I was just over 1600 today and the work out burned about 220. I don't even want to know the calories I WAS consuming with NO exercise! I want to find the time for the eliptical now. I do not have a scale (gasp!) so i will just have to go with how my clothes are fitting. I do want to get a scale though.

2 comments:

Marlene’s Musings said...

Scales can be defeating; just go by how you feel. How do you count calories? Do you have a calorie counter-oh I know; on your blackberry or is that Audrey?
Anyway-great work. Keep it up!

Kathy said...

Good for you Kristen, ROCK ON! Is the Jillian Michaels a video?