
I am remembering 9/11/2001....
I was on bedrest with Cavan..about 1 month to go. Grammy Henderson was visiting to help care for Ryan. Bryce and i were sleeping (thanks mom!) and Grammy got up with Ry-Ry at like 6am. At about 7-7:30 AM she came and knocked on the door and told us to turn on the news. There we watched one of the twin towers blowing out black smoke from it. I thought it was so weird that so much paper was falling... it was raining, no pouring loose papers all over New York. After hearing about the the one going down in Penn. and the one hitting the Pentegon, we knew it was terrorists. We watched the second plane hit the second building of the twin towers. It was the most unreal thing i have ever seen. I remember feeling so sad and helpless and then fearful that planes were going to crash into the Sears tower in Chicago, or bombs going off somewhere in Cal. I remember the silence of the air outside the next few days with no airplanes flying. Our house was in an air-traffic route and so we were so used to watching the planes go by. Flags starting to hang all over town. My poor mother starting to feel trapped, or abondoned and lonely not being with my dad and the rest of our family and trying to figure out when and how she was going to get home... her flight was suppose to be the next day, a Wednesday. My dad had to drive down on Saturday to pick her up. 9/11/2001 a day i will never forget. I am worried about the future of our country falling into the wrong hands. But, god is in control and he has a plan, that is good, so we must trust Him.





1 comment:
The silence of the planes was so noticeable. I remember taking Ryan to the park and looking up into the blue sky thinking "how could this happen on such a beautiful day."
Post a Comment